This weekend in Texarkana is packed full of things you can do. Some of these vents are family-friendly and some are for adults or those who are brave enough to go on a cemetery walk at night.
1. How about cooling off is some of the splash pads around Texarkana. The Rotary Splash Pad in Spring Lake Park. Or you can check out the splash pad in Ashdown.
2. LIve Music In Texarkana. This weekend features some pretty eclectic bands. From rock to pop to country you will find some great music in Texarkana this weekend.
3. A Jazzy Friday. The Texarkana Regional Arts Center presents a jazzy Friday with great piano sounds and some drinks and a little socializing.
4. How about a trip to a spooky cemetery? The Talking Dead is series of trips to the spooky parts of Texarkana. This weekend they will be in the Sacred Heart Cemetery.
5. You can make or go out and get the most popular recipe in Arkansas. This great dessert is something that is oh so delicious this time of the year.
LOOK: Here are the 50 best beach towns in America
Every beach town has its share of pluses and minuses, which got us thinking about what makes a beach town the best one to live in. To find out, Stacker
consulted data from WalletHub
, released June 17, 2020, that compares U.S. beach towns. Ratings are based on six categories: affordability, weather, safety, economy, education and health, and quality of life. The cities ranged in population from 10,000 to 150,000, but they had to have at least one local beach listed on TripAdvisor. Read the full methodology here
. From those rankings, we selected the top 50. Readers who live in California and Florida will be unsurprised to learn that many of towns featured here are in one of those two states.
Keep reading to see if your favorite beach town made the cut.
LOOK: The Most Famous Actor Born Every Year