Sparks in the Park Schedule of Events for Music, Fireworks & Fun
There will be a lot of events for all ages at Sparks in the Park this Saturday, July, 2 at the Four States Fairgrounds. The Schedule of Events is posted below with one minor change, the motorcycle stunt show will not occur.In addition to the many events and activities, there will also be a costume contest and a photo contest. Be sure to stop by the Townsquare Booth to win a prize out of the duck pond and get your patriotic tattoos (temporary of course).
The day kicks off with the Fishing Derby at Bobby Ferguson Park from 9AM to noon for kids 16 years of age and under. This event is free. Bring your favorite fishing pole and bait. There is a three fish limit. Check out all of the interesting fish in the Arkansas Game and Fish Aquarium. This event is sponsored by Parks & Recreation and Arkansas Game and Fish.
What can you expect at Sparks in the Park? Climb the rock wall. Let the kids dig away in the children’s sandbox. See the Hot Wheels and Cool Rides Car and Motorcycle Show. Wear your best star spangled patriotic outfit and enter the costume contest. Inflatable jump houses to bounce all the energy out of the kids. Get into the ice cream eating contest in the Ag Learning Center. Pet the animals in the Four States Barnyard. Cool off under the misters. Check out the Townsquare Cares videos thanking our military in the Fine Arts Building. Take tons of photos at the event and enter your best ones in our photography contest.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 am - Fishing Derby
- 4:00 pm - Activities, Concessions and Beer Garden open
- 5:00 pm - Music by Jemiah Cannon
- 6:00 pm - Opening Ceremonies Begin. Skydivers, Color Guard, National Anthem & Mayor Smith.
- 6:00 pm - Southwest Arkansas REA Kids Contests: Water Balloon Toss, Sack Race, 3 Legged Race, Hula Hoop and Bubble Gum Blowing.
- 6:45pm - Music by The Inside
- 8:00pm - Music by Driven
- 9:30 pm - FIREWORKS by Carl Standridge with Liberty Pyrotechnic of Texarkana