Can You Believe These Arkansas Laws Still Exist?
Texarkana is unique in that it is a city that is made up of Texas and Arkansas and each state has its own unique laws.
The site Aha Jokes has some pretty crazy laws that still exist for the great state of Arkansas.
1.In Little Rock-It is illegal for dogs to bark after 6 pm. I for one would like this law to apply to the whole state.
2. The entire state of Arkansas-It is illegal to mispronounce Arkansas, who enforces this law? I have heard some folks mispronounce it Ar Kansas.
3. In the city of Little Rock-It is illegal for men and women to flirt on the streets and they could spend 30 days in jail. This is a little ridiculous, but with all of the dating apps, I guess this law really does not need to be enforced.
4. In Little Rock-It is illegal to walk your cow down Main street after 1 pm on Sunday. Well, I guess that is when they clean the street from the previous day's cow parades?
5. The entire state of Arkansas-It is legal for a man to beat his wife once a month. Are you kidding? I'm not sure how long this has been on the books, but this needs to be changed now.
6. The entire state of Arkansas- Alligators cannot be kept in a bathtub. Well, I for one feel like this is important since alligators should not be kept as pets. But I guess with this law you could keep one in your backyard pool?
7. In Fayetteville-It is illegal to kill any living creature. They do know this is Arkansas right? Where the entire state gets the first day of deer season off from school.