10 Dumb Texas Laws That Still Exist
Those of us that live in Texarkana know that is a city that is made up of Texas and Arkansas so we have different laws that exist for each state. I cannot believe these 10 dumb laws in Texas still exist according to the site Dumb Laws.
This is a list of the 10 craziest.
1.Do you know it is illegal to sell your eyeball? That has got to be on of the grossest things ever.
2. You cannot milk your neighbor's cow. This one needs no explaining.
3. Before taking public office you must acknowledge a supreme being. I'm not sure what they want you to do exactly, tell them you believe in God, or just Zenu or some other being, this is a little confusing.
4. There is a new law that criminals have to give you 24 hours notice if they are going to commit a crime against you. This is so dumb.
5. In El Paso, it is illegal to urinate in the street. I know from an incident from way back in my youth that it is also illegal in Texarkana as well.
6. If you have the old school Encyclopedia Britannica at home it is illegal as well. Why because it has a recipe for making your own beer.
7. You cannot shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
8. You cannot dust any public building with a feather duster. So I guess a Swiffer is ok, just don't go old school with the feather duster.
9. In Houston you cannot sell Limburger cheese on Sunday. Does anyone even eat Limburger cheese anymore?
10. In Houston this law is the weirdest. Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday. I thought after midnight on Sunday is technically Monday. Ok, that is weird.