Best Meals For Under $10 In Texarkana
Two things that I love are a good meal and of course some incredible deals on the food we love. Here is a small list of what you can find for cheap in Texarkana.
1. China Inn. It is a little place on State Line that offers some great Chinese at a pretty impressive price. The average lunch special is $5.95 with a drink and your all time favorites like sweet and sour chicken. Other lunch specials like their Princess Prawns and even Cashew Chicken are only $7.95 and include soup and a drink.
2. Silver Star Smokehouse. A newcomer to the Texarkana area Silver Star is one of my favorite places to eat. Where else can you get a 5 rib plate with two sides for less than $10 There are other great lunch specials as well including their famous cheeseburger, smoked turkey sandwich -- even a brisket sandwich?
3. Colima’s. Mexican fans need to experience this little treasure just off of Summerhill in Texarkana. From the "ginormous" burritos to the traditional Mexican food, the service and prices make it the best deal for Mexican food on this town.
4. TLC Burgers. This downtown institution has been serving its famous burgers and fries with Red River Sand since 1982. Don’t forget the wonderful beans and chicken.
5. Old Tyme Burger Shoppe. Don’t let the name fool you. This place has tremendous deals on lunch specials that include catfish, meatloaf, and their chicken fried chicken special that includes green beans, mashed potatoes and a roll for only $7.99. It is surely the place to visit for some local flavor and even some great antiques that are available for purchase in the store.
This is just a small sample of the great cheap food in this town. What restaurant would you add to this list?