Expect Delays on I-30 in Texarkana Due to Construction
Construction on I-30 will cause some delays in traffic over the next few weeks. The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department are asking you to be aware of construction and changes in speed limits.
Beginning today, September 8th thru September 25th, 2020, construction will start on the westbound side of Interstate 30, which will affect Texarkana, Arkansas traffic.
The westbound side's speed limit will be reduced to 65 mph and marked as a construction zone.
The TAPD also posted some tips and reminders for you on their Facebook page
- Please be aware of the changes in speed and configuration of the roadways over the next few years.
- Officers will be enforcing traffic laws in these areas to protect motorists and construction workers.
- Please stay off your phones for safety reasons, be aware of traffic-stopping abruptly, and follow directions of law enforcement officers and construction workers.
- When workers are present, please decrease your speeds and be alert.
- If all possible, avoid these areas and uses an alternative route. If you must use I-30, allow yourself plenty of travel time in case of delays.
You can visit the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department online at http://www.arkpolice.txkusa.org for more information.