Celebrate World Cat Day by Sharing These Shelter Kitties
World Cat Day is August 8 and the best way to honor this day is to help a homeless cat find a new home.
We have one animal shelter in Texarkana, the Animal Care and Adoption Center located at 203 Harrison, Texarkana, Ark. They are open Monday through Friday from 11AM to 5PM and Saturdays from 11AM to 2PM.
Texarkana also has a few cat rescues. These folks rescue cats from the streets and from our shelter.
- Stray Cat Alliance
- The Kitties Pad Rescue
- The Texarkana Animal League operates the cat room at PetSmart, 117 Richmond Road Ranch, Texarkana, Texas. These cats have already had their vetting which is included in the adoption fee.
Ways to Celebrate World Cat Day
- Be a Cat
- Use one of those apps on your phone to put cat ears and a nose on your pic. When I was 3 years old, I wanted to be a cat. I would get on all fours and crawl around the house meowing. I was totally in character and wouldn't talk to my siblings, only meows. It drove them nuts.
- Visit the Shelter Cats
- Go to our local shelter and spend some time in the cat room. The cats and kittens at the shelter crave attention and love when people come through to play and cuddle.
- Post Selfies with Cats on Social Media
- If you don't have your own feline, take a selfie with one of the shelter cats and post its bio in hopes someone will see it and fall in love.
Did you know that cats have been around for thousands of years. They've been hunting pests that we don't want around our homes since the beginning of time almost. Sometimes they like to leave their kill on the front steps as a reminder of how hard they work.