Cola is Our Featured Pet of the Week
This is a fun dog. He loves people. I see him as a great companion and a cuddle bug for children. Cola is a Shepherd/Hound mix who is around 2 years old. He loves to lay in a kiddie pool and gets along great with other dogs.
Cola is a sweet dog and rolls over for belly rubs. He walks semi-good on a leash but needs a little work. He is young and teaching him will be easy as well as fun. He is currently on the adoption floor at the Texarkana, Ark. Animal Care and Adoption Center. His ID# 74409.
Cola has been at the shelter since August 4. I am not sure how long he has been on the adoption floor but because of his intake date, which puts him in danger of landing on the euth list when the shelter becomes over-crowded again.
Our animal shelter is a "kill shelter" which means dogs and cats are euthanized when available space becomes an issue. Some weeks there are more animals put down than other weeks. Most city ran shelters are open admission facilities which means they take everything and cannot turn down animals. It is up to the community to help our local shelter and there are several ways to help:
- Please spay and neuter your pets.
- Volunteer to help educate citizens about the need to fix their animals.
- Share this post on your Facebook page and Tweet about it, too.
- Go to the shelter and take your own photos and videos to share with friends.
- Donate money to the shelter to help cover spay and neuter costs for people that want to adopt a pet but they cannot afford all of the upfront costs.
The Animal Care and Adoption Center is located at 203 Harrison St., Texarkana, Ark., 71854 and is open Monday through Friday from 11AM and 5PM and Saturdays from 11AM to 2PM. Our shelter takes in animals from many surrounding communities. Please remember to check with the shelter if you have lost a pet or if you are interested in adopting a new pet.