You Know You Grew Up in Texarkana If . . .
Let's face it, we live in a very unique city that is in two states. And with two states you get two very different views on things. We are a little bit city and a whole lot country. How many of these Texarkana things can you relate to?
1. You know what photographer's island is and have probably taken a picture there.
2. You’ve sat on the big rabbit in the photo.
3. You know that Texarkana is pronounced 'Tex a Kana' not Tex ar kana..
4. You know all about "Hell Week" and the big rivalry between the Tigers and the Hogs.
5. You understand the obsession with the movie 'Smokey and the Bandit' and its Texarkana references.
6. You remember when there was a McDonald's at Central Mall. That was pretty much the only “food court.”
7. You’ve gone to the Central Mall and thrown a penny in the fountain.
8. You hung out at Skate America for one of those crazy all-nighters.
9. You know about both locations of Bryce's restaurant.
13. You know the history of the Ace of Clubs house and how it was won in a card game.
14. You’ve attended a football game at Grim Stadium.
15. You’ve watched the 4th of July fireworks at Spring Lake Park or even Central Mall.
16. You looked forward to the Quadrangle festival every year.
17. You watched a concert at the Texarkana College Auditorium on Robison Road that is no longer there
18. You’ve heard the rumors about Union Station and The Grim Hotel being haunted.
19. You were beyond upset when Doc Alexander's closed.
Can you add anything to this list?