Wolfe City Police Officer Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting of Black Resident
Shaun Lucas, the Wolfe City police officer who shot and killed resident, Jonathan Price, has been arrested and charged with murder. He has been transferred to the Rockwall County Jail where he's being held in lieu of a $1Million bond.
- Here's what we know about Shaun Lucas:
- He's 22 years old
- He worked as a jailer for 5 months
- He became a police officer in April of this year with the Wolfe City Police Department
- His training includes the 667 hours of Basic Peace Officer training as required by Texas law, which includes a week of "Crisis Intervention Training." His records also show eight hours of additional training in "Less Lethal Electronic Control Device" usage.
- He has hired Robert Rogers, Dallas Police officer who represented Amber Guyer who was convicted of murder in the shooting death of Botham Jean.
- Lucas's attorney is claiming that he only discharged his weapon when he was confronted with an aggressive assailant who was attempting to take his Taser.'Price resisted arrest and tried to go for his taser.
- The Texas Rangers report concluded the following: resisted in a non-threatening posture and began walking away." The Rangers did not mention anything about the Taser.
There has been no information about the release of any video footage. We will keep you posted as the story continues to develop. Below is a video with more details: