5 Awesome Things To Do In Texarkana This Weekend
The new women's basketball league, "Downtown Live", and awesome live music highlight the things to do in Texarkana this weekend.
1. Women's Basketball League. There is a new basketball league in Texarkana for women that still love the game and are looking for a great way to get some exercise and build some friendships through the love of this great game. Stephanie Soloman who is the spark behind this new league had this to say about the new league:
I wanted to have an organization that let ladies that enjoy basketball have a place to get together for a little friendly competition. There are a lot of ladies out there that still have it and I want to bring them together for some fun and to let ladies know that there is a place for you.
2. Great Live Bands In Texarkana. With 13 different bands for you to check out, from the rocking sounds of 'Teazur' to the acoustic sounds of "Heather Linn And Jase Bryant". You can find some great live music in Texarkana.
3. Downtown Live. This event going on downtown from 6 until 9 pm. Here is what the organizers had to say about tonight's event:
The Gallery, 105 Olive Street, announces the opening of an art exhibit honoring The Gallery's artists accepted to the TRAHC's International Adult Juried Art Exhibition. Our art exhibit featuring award-winning artists Eileen Stearman and Jenny Stevens opens August 12th at Downtown Live.
4. The Gateway Farmers Market on the Texarkana Arkansas side will be open on Saturday. All the details are here.
5. We have a brand new station for you to check out. Good Time Oldies is on the air at 107.5 FM and 790 AM. What are good time oldies?
GOOD TIME OLDIES features the golden era of pop, rock, and soul: hit music of the ’60s and ’70s with a healthy portion of “oh-wow” songs from other decades. The music is up tempo and the presentation is full of energy, including features about rock and roll history and the timeless artists of the era.