Texarkana Renaissance Faire is This Weekend
The fourth annual Texarkana Renaissance Faire will be held on Saturday and Sunday, September 26 and 27 at the Four States Fair Grounds in Texarkana, Ark.
This year the Faire will be bigger and better because the it continues to grow in popularity with each passing year. Many more merchants, food vendors, games and entertainment are on the agenda for this fantastic weekend.
The era is 15th Century through 17th Century. Dress up or just show up. All weapons must be sheathed and peace-tied. Vendor booths will be set up so be sure to bring your cash to make your purchases. Bring your camera, too.
Faire Schedule for September 26 & 27, 2015:
- Saturday and Sunday: 10AM to 7PM
- Adults - $10
- Youths 5 to 12 years of age - $5
- Children 4 and younger get in free
Games & Activities
- The King's Chalice Game - all ages
- The Bards Whim (musical chairs with live music) - ages 5 and older
- Little Leonardo children's craft booth
- Dunk the Monk Game sponsored by Bounce-A-Lot - all ages
- Archery Demonstrations
- Blacksmith Demonstrations
- The Gypsy Camp
- The Royal Courtyard
- Four States Fairgrounds, 3700 E 50th Street, Texarkana, Ark.
This year The Shire of Pilgrims Fount, a local chapter of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) from Hot Springs will give demonstrations of medieval living on the first day of the Faire. Their program will consist of fiber arts (weaving, looming), illumination and calligraphy, games, live fighting, storytelling, songs and dance and much more. (Saturday Sept 26th only).
Kids ages 2 and older are invited to the fun as well. There will be a kid's craft booth with toys, coloring, DIY and dress up.