Texarkana Independent School District Needs Bus Drivers
The Texarkana Independent School District has openings for bus drivers with morning and afternoon routes available.
Here is a description of the job of bus driver for TISD.
The primary purpose of the job is to ensure the safe and orderly transportation of students on the assigned route. Operate school bus that transports students and other authorized personnel to and from schools or other designated location.
Here are the qualifications for the job:
1.Education/Certification High Shcool diploma.
2. A valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B) with passenger, air brake, and S endorsements.
The job also requires the following special knowledge and skills:
1. The applicant must be 21 years of age or older.
2. Be able to pass alcohol and drug test.
3. Must be able to pass a criminal history check and DPS physical must have an acceptable driving record
4, Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
5, Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
6. Ability to communicate effectively
7. Knowledge of student discipline procedure
8. Ability to manage student behavior
9. Ability to operate bus
Experience is not necessary and the salary range $11.03 - $16.30 / per hour and this is a full-time job.