Texarkana and New Boston Drivers License Offices to Re-open Wednesday, June 3
Phase 3 of Texas Drivers License Offices re-opening is this Wednesday, June 3 and Texarkana and New Boston DL Offices are included. However, strict rules and procedures must be followed.
Whether you need to apply for an original Texas DL or ID, Texas learner license, skills exams, a CDL or Commercial Learner Permit, here's how you must proceed:
- Services are by scheduled appointment only; walk-ins are not permitted (Those individuals without an appointment will receive instruction and assistance in setting an appointment for a future date and time)
- All customers will be screened prior to entering the building. Screening will include having your temperature taken, and you will be asked if you or any person you have been in contact with for the previous 14 days has had any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches
- Customers who are taking a driving test will be required to wear a face mask or facial covering
- Social distancing must be followed (6 feet apart)
- Only customers will be allowed into the building, with the following exceptions:
- ADA accommodations
- Customers with small children
- Elderly persons
- Business needs (parental authorization, residency/address change, etc.)
- Credit cards are the preferred payment. Money orders, cashier's and personal checks will be accepted (for the correct amount)
- Cash will not be accepted
If these requirements are not met, you may be required to reschedule your appointment at a later date.
To set your appointment go to the TxDPS website and click on the "Schedule a Driver's License Appointment" button.