Re-Appointing Municipal Judge Tops City Council Agenda
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets this evening at 6PM at Texas side City Hall.
One of the main items, is a closed executive session, where the council will consider re-appointing City Municipal Judge Sherry L. Jackson.
Here is a complete agenda for this evenings meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER JEAN MATLOCK
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, July 9, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, August 13, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, August 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events: June 14th Movies in the Park: “Paddington 2”** Spring Lake Park
June 16th - 17th Softball Showcase Tournament Karrh/Wallace Parks
June 18th Summer Camp Begins Southwest Center
June 22nd - 24th Softball Showcase Tournament Karrh/Wallace Parks
July 7th Softball Tournament Karrh Park
July 7th - 10th Dixie State AAA North (9-10) Spring Lake Park
July 7th - 10th Dixie State Ozone North (11-12) Spring Lake Park
**Movies in the Park will start at dusk. All Parks & Recreation information can be found on the city website, or by calling (903) 798-3978.
Farmer's Market Hours: 7:00 a.m. - Until sold out Farmer's Market Events: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
June 16th - Kid's Day & Sidewalk Chalk Contest
June 23rd - Summer Celebration & 6th Green Tomato Day sponsored by BWI
June 30th - Cycle Day sponsored by Berridge Bikes
July 7th - Yoga at the Market
Proclamation Presentation Men's Health Month - June 2018
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on May 29, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
2. Ordinance No. 2018-065 amending the Code of Ordinances by adding Section 28-13, "Prohibited Conduct on Public Transportation", and repealing and deleting Article VI, "Public Transit Offenses", and Section 28-181, "Prohibitions; Public Transit Offenses". Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 11, 2018
3. Resolution No. 2018-074 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Total Highway Maintenance, LLC for the major road maintenance striping project in an amount not to exceed $81,200.58. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 11, 2018 Action Item
4. Resolution No. 2018-075 approving a settlement agreement benefitting the City in the Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litigation and delegating authority to the City Manager or designee to approve the agreement on behalf of the City. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 11, 2018
Open Forum: Comments from the public (Limit 5 minutes each)
Items scheduled for "Public Hearing" or have been heard at a previous "Public Hearing" are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
Closed Session The City Council will convene into closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters) to discuss or deliberate reappointment of Sherry L. Jackson, J.D., as City Judge of the City's Municipal Court of Record and amending Judge Jackson's Compensation Agreement.
Reconvene Into Open Session
1. Resolution No. 2018-073 for the reappointment of the Municipal Judge and the approval of a two-year employment agreement. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 11, 2018
V. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2018-069 granting a Specific Use Permit to allow the application of permanent cosmetics/microblading on Lot 1, Richmond Park Subdivision, located at 3321 Richmond Road. Jason Cree, applicant. Tiffany Pham, agent. Public Hearing: July 9, 2018 Council Vote: July 9, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2018-070 granting a Specific Use Permit to allow an in-home day care on Lot 5, Block 1, Hancock's Addition, located at 2405 Garber Street. Ruby Scott, applicant. Robin Tucker, agent. Public Hearing: July 9, 2018 Council Vote: July 9, 2018
3. Ordinance No. 2018-071 amending P-05-5(O) for site plan approval on Lot 1, Texas Bank & Trust Subdivision, located at 4646 Cowhorn Creek Road. Matt and Cindy Young, applicants. Kayla Wood, MTG Engineering and Surveying, agent. Public Hearing: July 9, 2018 Council Vote: July 9, 2018
4. Resolution No. 2018-072 adopting the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Consolidated Plan, Citizen Participation Plan and Annual Action Plan. Public Hearing: July 9, 2018 Council Vote: July 9, 2018
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Resolution No. 2018-064 authorizing the City Manager to negotiate and sign an economic development agreement with Gregg Orr for a term not to exceed ten (10) years to include a business incentive of a rebate of a portion of taxes paid by Gregg Orr and collected by the City derived from new business facilities to be constructed on an extension of Kenwood Road not to exceed Six Hundred Twelve Thousand Dollars ($612,000). Public Hearing: June 11, 2018 Council Vote: June 11, 2018
VII. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
Staff Updates - Annexation Service Plans Annexation Supporting Documents
VIII. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff