Give the Gift of Life this Valentine’s Month by Donating Blood
LifeShare Texarkana needs your help to fill the blood bank.
Donate blood during these events:
- 2/7/2017 Rainbow of Challenges 500 South Main Street Hope AR 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- 2/14/2017 Texas A&M - Texarkana 7101 University Ave Texarkana TX 75503 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 2/17/2017 Prescott High School 736 Martin Street Prescott AR 71857 9:30 am 0 2:30 pm
- 2/21/2017 Pleasant Grove High School 5406 McKnight Road Texarkana TX 75503 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 2/22/2017 Walnut Church of Christ 2720 Moores Lane Texarkana TX 75503 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Did you know:
- Approximately one in seven people entering a hospital will need blood.
- One blood donation, which is usually about one pint of blood, can save up to three lives.
- Every donation has the potential to save someone’s life.
- It is good for you to donate blood. Think of it like changing the oil in your car, its always good to get some of the old blood out that might have too much iron and other minerals in it that can build up and cause health issues.
- After blood donation, testing and processing takes a minimum of 24 hours before the blood is available for patient use.
- Donations of all blood types are needed for constant replenishing.
LifeShare Blood Centers regularly supplies blood components to 117 medical facilities throughout Louisiana, East Texas and South Arkansas. Founded in Shreveport, La. in 1942, it is a nonprofit community service provider governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. LifeShare is a member of America’s Blood Centers and the American Rare Donor Program, is licensed by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and accredited by AABB.