Black Friday Blood Drive in Texarkana
LifeShare Blood Center is having a blood drive on Black Friday, November 25, from 8AM to 4PM which includes raffles, giveaways, and an all you can eat breakfast that will be served in the center during the blood drive.
Saving lives during the holiday season takes just one hour of our time. Spread the joy of the season by donating blood and saving a life and enjoy an all you can eat pancake and sausage breakfast.
In addition to breakfast, all donors will receive a special holiday t-shirt and be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card that will be given away at the end of the day. Donors will also be eligible to win two tickets to see the Super Bowl® which includes a three night stay in Houston. The game drawing will be held at the end of December.
Did you know:
- Approximately one in seven people entering a hospital will need blood.
- One blood donation, which is usually about one pint of blood, can save up to three lives.
- Every donation has the potential to save someone’s life.
- It is good for you to donate blood. Think of it like changing the oil in your car, its always good to get some of the old blood out that might have too much iron and other minerals in it that can build up and cause health issues.
- After blood donation, testing and processing takes a minimum of 24 hours before the blood is available for patient use.
- Donations of all blood types are needed for constant replenishing.
Saving lives during the holiday season takes just one hour of our time. You can schedule an appointment to donate at the center by calling 903-794-3173. Walk-ins are also welcome at LifeShare Blood Center at 1321 College Drive, Texarkana, Texas.
LifeShare Blood Centers regularly supplies blood components to 117 medical facilities throughout Louisiana, East Texas and South Arkansas. Founded in Shreveport, La. in 1942, it is a nonprofit community service provider governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. LifeShare is a member of America’s Blood Centers and the American Rare Donor Program, is licensed by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and accredited by AABB.