‘Flashback Friday’ Artist Spotlight SIr-Mix-a-Lot
It's "Flashback Friday" and I wanted to share with you the 5 things I learned about Sir-Mix-a-Lot.
Anyone who listens to Power 95-9 knows Sir-Mix-a-Lot. We play "Baby Got Back" and "Buttermilk Biscuits". But here are 5 things you may not know about Sir-Mix-a-Lot.
1. He grew up in Washington and his real name is Anthony Ray. He was born on August 12, 1963.
2. He began his career as a local DJ doing parties for the local boys and girls clubs. He met ‘Nasty’ Nes Rodriguez, a local radio DJ and they started a record label. His First release was 'Posse On Broadway'.
3. His most famous song "Baby Got Back" had a video that was so bad that MTV would only show it after 9 PM. The song went double platinum.
4. Sir-Mix-a-Lot has appeared in the Adult Swim show "Robot Chicken". Recently Nicki Minaj used Baby Got Back for inspiration for her single "Anaconda".
5. He currently hosts a morning radio show on Hot 103.7 in Seattle.