Do You Own A Truly American Made Car?
Do you own an American made car? Maybe a foreign car? Whatever you own this new story from Cars.com may have you rethinking what is truly American made.
Some of us use the criteria of American made in our decision of what car to buy. But with more and more foreign car manufacturers moving their factories to the United States a true American made car might be hard to find. Here are Cars.com's top ten American made cars.
1. Jeep Cherokee: Belvidere, Ill.
2. Honda Odyssey: Lincoln, Ala.
3. Honda Ridgeline: Lincoln, Ala.
4. Ford Taurus: Chicago
5. Chevrolet Volt: Detroit
6. Honda Pilot: Lincoln, Ala.
7. Acura MDX: East Liberty, Ohio
8. Ford Explorer: Chicago
9. Ford F-150: Claycomo, Mo., and Dearborn, Mich.
10. Chevrolet Corvette: Bowling Green, Ky.
Last year the Jeep Wrangler made the list, but unfortunately, it has fallen off of the top ten with the new JL model. I am surprised that we do not see more trucks on the list. They are truly American, but a Honda, truck is more American than the offerings from Chevy, Ford, and even Ram.