Arkansas’ Governor Launches ‘Fast Break with Asa’, His New Podcast This Week
Arkansas' Governor Asa Hutchinson has jumped into the latest communication tool that just about everybody is doing these days, a podcast.
The Governor has launched the podcast titled "Fast Break with Asa," a conversation with the Governor, hosted by Jay Bir. Get ready for a wide range of topics in the podcast as well, everything from economic development to foreign policy, National, state, and local politics to basketball strategy, according to the Press Release.
The first episode was released this Monday, April 18, to most podcast platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Anchor.fm, Spotify, Amazon, Stitcher, and more. A video version is available on the Governor's YouTube channel. Whichever link you use to listen or watch, be sure you sign up for notifications so you will know when a new podcast is uploaded.
More about Governor Asa Hutchinson
- He was elected the 46th Governor of Arkansas in 2014 and is full0filling his last year in the term-limited state.
- He won the first of three successive terms in 1996 to the U.S. House of Representatives, serving Arkansas's Third District.
- In 2001, President George W. Bush appointed him director of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- In 2003, he was named undersecretary for Transportation and Border Security in the Department of Homeland Security.
- As you will learn in the podcast, he loves basketball.
According to the podcast they are currently planning on doing this on a monthly basis, which is of course, subject to change.