Warner Bros. Confirms Release Details Of ‘Batman: The Complete Television Series’
After decades of waiting, fans of the beloved Batman television show of the 1960s — or Batman ’66 as it is known — will finally be able to own all 120 episodes on home video, and in high definition. After protracted litigation with series owner Fox, DC Comics’ parent company Warner Bros. has set November 11 as the on-sale date for the completely remastered Batman ’66, which will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, digital, and, of course, a super expensive collector’s edition that comes with all sorts of groovy stuff, including a selection of photos from star Adam West’s personal archives (when you’re as mature and sophisticated as West, you get to have “personal archives”).
The series also stars Burt Ward as Dick Grayson/Robin and Julie Newmar, Cesar Romero, Frank Gorshin, Liberace, Vincent Price, Burgess Meredith, Bruce Lee, Art Carney, Milton Berle, Sammy Davis Jr. and others in various roles that remain some of the most beloved if little seen performances of those distinguished entertainers’ careers.
The complete Batman ’66 release includes every broadcast episode of the three-season classic, as well as these supplemental features:
- Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West.
- Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought-after collectibles through the eyes of three extraordinary collectors.
- Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.
- Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.
The limited edition pictured here comes with all that plus:
- An exclusive Hot Wheels® Replica Batmobile
- Adam West Scrapbook – featuring never-before-seen photos from Adam’s own archives
- 44 Vintage Trading Cards
- Ultraviolet Digital Copy of all 120 episodes
- Episode guide – includes synopsis of all episodes, photos from the series and a personal letter from Adam West to the fans.