Texas Opens Barber Shops, Hair, Nail & Tanning Salons Friday
Get ready Texas, It's your turn. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced yesterday that starting this Friday, May 8 you can get your hair cut, nails done and more.
Starting Friday, in Texas barber shops, hair salons, cosmetology, nail salons and tanning salons can open.
As a customer of these establishments, we have a responsibly to follow the guidelines below. Here's what we need to do:
- Please consider wearing cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth) except when it interferes with the service being provided. If available, individuals should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks. Wearing a mask is of utmost importance because of the close proximity between individuals in these settings.
- Maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals if possible. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face-covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Self-screen before going into any of these establishments for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19: Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, Loss of taste or smell, Diarrhea, Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit. Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering a salon and after any interaction with employees, contractors, other customers, or items in the salon.
- Wash or sanitize hands after the payment process.
- Individuals aged 65 or older are at a higher risk of COVID-19. To the extent possible, avoid contact within 6 feet with individuals aged 65 and older. Individuals aged 65 and older should stay at home as much as possible.
Plus be aware that there are a lot of requirements that these establishments must do as well, so please be patient! Just a couple things that you should be aware of include:
- Walk-in clients should wait either in their own cars or outside with at least six feet separation between individuals.
- Do not allow clients to bring extra people to the appointment, such as children
You can click on the links below for more information about what each establishment is responsible for doing as well.
Open Texas Checklists - Effective May 8, 2020
Open Texas Checklists - Effective May 18, 2020
The Governor’s Report to Open Texas
“As we open Texas, we are each called upon to be Texans: to act responsibly as we re-engage in the economy, to continue following all health precautions and sanitizing guidelines, and to care for our vulnerable neighbors. Lives depend on our actions. I know you will respond as Texans.” – Governor Greg Abbott
Arkansas opens their hair, massage and body art salons and establishments today Wednesday, May 6. More information on that Here!
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system