Enter Contests and Get Ready For Fun at Sparks in the Park
Stack Oreos, spit seeds, blow bubbles, eat ice cream or dress up in red, white and blue. We have many contests and games planned for Sparks in the Park on Saturday, June 24, and of course, a great fireworks display to wrap up the day of fun.
The annual Sparks in the Park is at the Four States Fairgrounds in Texarkana, Ark. There are several fun contests to enter and many games too. We have something for everyone in the family.
Be sure to download the entry forms before the event because many of them require pre-registration and the rules are also on the above link.
- Costume Contest: Wear your best patriotic outfits with lots of red, white and blue.
- Strollers and Rollers Contest: Get the babies into the costume contest by dressing up their strollers with red, white and blue.
- Photo Contest: If you love to take photos, this is the contest for you. Get ready to snap pictures until your fingers are numb.
- Ice Cream Contest: Sign up to make your favorite batch of ice cream at home and bring it to Sparks to go up against others who think they have the best ice cream in all of the land.
- Strollers & Rollers (wagons) – sponsored by Robbins Toyota. Entry deadline is 7PM at the Robbins Toyota tent
- Patriotic Costumes – kids/families/groups. Sponsored by Robbins Toyota. Entry deadline is 7PM at the Robbins Toyota tent
- Ice Cream Eating Contest at AG Learning Center
- Photo Contest—send your pictures to our Facebook page via private message from Sparks in the Park to win a Four States Fair prize package
Sparks in the Park is a family-fun event where there is something for everyone to enjoy. Get fair food and beverages while the kids play games to win prizes. Listen to local artists perform on the stage then get ready for a fantastic fireworks show that begins at 9:30PM.
Schedule of Other Events and Activities:
Entertainment on the BlackCat Stateline Fireworks Stage
- Opening Ceremonies at 6PM
- Live Music at 6:30PM
- Contest winners announced at 7:45PM
- Live Music at 8PM
Activities 4PM til Dark
- Giant Sandbox—15 yards of fun--sponsored by Red River Credit Union
- Bounce Houses from Astro Jump
- Red River Army Depot tanks/trucks—come climb and explore
- Climbing Wall—sponsored by TAMU-T
- AG Learning Center—cool off with educational exhibits
- Finley’s Barnyard—cutest animals in the four states
- Kiddie Train—ride in style sponsored by Amtrak
- Face Painting and Patriotic Tattoos
- Cooling Misters
- Bean Bag Toss—sponsored by the Texas Elks Lodge
- Hot Wheels/Cool Rides Cruisin'—Extreme trucks from Lead Foot Mud Drags and The Punisher Monster Truck, mustangs, corvettes, jeep junkies, imports & antique cars.
- First Aid Center—sponsored by Exceed Urgent Care
- Games: Texas Cornhole, Horseshoes, Washboards—sponsored by 180 Fitness
- Exhibitors: Vietnam Veterans Association
- Darby Games from 6:30-8:30PM—Hula Hoops, 3-legged races, sack races, bubble gum blowing, water balloon toss, beach ball bonanza, egg run--sponsored by MetroPCS
- Junior Firefighters Challenge from 6PM to 7:30PM by Texarkana Arkansas Fire Department
Fireworks start at 9:30PM
Please remember the rules: No alcohol, personal coolers, pets or personal fireworks will be permitted on the fairgrounds.
Four States Fairgrounds is located at 3700 East 50th Street, Texarkana, Ark. Gates open at 4PM and events are over just before the fireworks kick off around 9:30PM.