Arkansas Names This Town ‘One of The Most Unique’ in The State
The Arkansas State Tourism just published an article featuring a town in Arkansas that they call not only one of these most unique towns in the state but also the best of four states all rolled up into one.
The town? Texarkana, Arkansas.
The article goes into what makes this town so unique. One of the most obvious is our famous Post Office that we share with our twin city Texarkana, Texas. It is also one of the most photographed Post Offices as it literally straddles two states.
Yes, we are a twin city but there is so much more. This article is all about the City of Texarkana, Arkansas.
With the Texas side of town growing at such a crazy rate, sometimes I feel as though the Arkansas side doesn't get the credit it deserves. But here are some of the great things about Texarkana Arkansas that is mentioned in the article.
- A beautiful big city park. Bobby Ferguson Park with its walking trails, pond, two playgrounds and more. The dog park is mentioned too
- Art galleries downtown from the 1894 Gallery to the Joseph Raymond Fine Art Gallery
- Holiday Springs Water Park
- The Downtown Entertainment District
- The Four States Car Museum
- The really great and unique restaurants in Texarkana Arkansas, from Fat Jack's to Pop's Place and Three Chicks Feed, Seed and Café.
- The Four States Fair and Rodeo
The article also talks about Texarkana Arkansas being a city that is moving forward as the new terminal is being built at the Texarkana Regional Airport.
You know what? Texarkana, Arkansas is a great town that offers a lot and really deserves this spotlight the State of Arkansas just shined on it. You can see the entire article at Arkansas.com.