Airports Near Texarkana Receive $91K in Coronavirus Relief Funds
Several airports in the Texarkana area were awarded a number of federal grants totaling $91,000 to combat the spread of coronavirus, U.S. Senator John Cornyn announced today.
According to a press release, “More and more Texans are getting vaccinated every day and we’ve seen an uptick in air travel as a result,” Sen. Cornyn said.
“I am glad to have helped deliver this funding that will improve the health and safety of transportation workers and travelers in the Texarkana area.”
Here are the following airports in our region that will benefit from the federal grant money awarded.
- Mount Pleasant (Mount Pleasant Reginal Airport) $23,000
- Sulpher Springs (Sulpher Springs Municipal Airport) $23,000
- Atlanta (Hall - Miller Municipal. Airport) $13,000
- Paris (Cox Field) $23,000
- Clarksville (J.D. Trissell Field) $9,000
The funding comes through the Coronavirus Relief and Response Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act of 2020, which Senator Cornyn voted in favor of last December.