Adopt a Yellow Duck to Win Prizes and Benefit Cancer Patients
Adopt a little, yellow rubber duck for your chance to win great prizes. Your duck also gets you in the gate for loads of fun at Holiday Springs Water Park.
The race is Saturday, August 19 at Holiday Springs Water Park. The fun starts at 9AM with kid's activities, music and food as folks get lined up to watch thousands of ducks race for the finish line to win tons of prizes for lucky duck adopters. The duck race starts at 10AM and the winner gets a 2017 Kia Forte. The ducks will race around the “River Rapids” Lazy River at Holiday Springs Water Park. Winners for six prizes will be announced after the race.
- First place prize for the first duck to cross the finish line will win the top duck prize, the 2017 Kia Forte, for the adoptive duck parent.
- Second place prize is a $1,000 gift certificate to Holiday Cleaners.
- Third place prize is a $500 gift card from Super 1 Foods.
- Fourth place prize is a $500 Gift Card to Classic Car Wash.
- Fifth place prize is a Tundra 75 Yeti Cooler from Ledwell Machinery.
- Sixth place prize is Custom Build Fire Pit from JCM Industries.
Ducks are available for $5 each or get six for $25. You can adopt your ducks online or stop by Duck Central at Christus St. Michael on St. Michael Drive in Texarkana, Texas, until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 18, or by calling Duck Central at (903)614-7223 until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 18. You can also adopt your duck at the event. Each duck adoption includes one free entry into Holiday Springs Water Park from 9AM to 11AM the day of the race. Monkey Island and Splash Mountain will be open during this event for the kids to enjoy.
Proceeds from previous Duck Races have helped to build the Pediatric Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of CHRISTUS St. Michael, benefited area cancer patients, purchased a patient transport van and more. Proceeds from this year's Duck Race will benefit cutting-edge cancer care with the region's most advanced new linear accelerator with rapid arc technology for the W. Temple Webber Cancer Center at CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System. For more information visit Christus St. Michael Foundation or call 903-614-7223.