Adopt a Weenie Dog at Texarkana Animal Shelter
Turkey was named for his waddle that hangs on his neck. He is a senior Dachshund that was found as a stray in Texarkana and now awaits someone who wants to love him. Little dogs like this can live a long time.
Turkey took care of his business and was ready to go back inside. He isn't much for hanging out in the yard, he wants to be inside on a comfy bed, please. He walks great on a leash if you don't mind him being in the lead.
To adopt Turkey it will cost $164, which includes his vetting and adoption fee.
Dogs and cats are euthanized every week in our local shelter. Some weeks there are more animals put down than other weeks. At this moment there are open kennels on the adoption floor, but by the end of the week, that could quickly change. Space becomes an issue at shelters like ours because it is an open admission facility, which means they take everything and cannot turn down animals. It is up to the community to help our local shelter and there are several ways to help:
- Please spay and neuter your pets.
- Volunteer to help educate citizens about the need to fix their animals.
- Share this post on your Facebook page and Tweet about it, too.
- Go to the shelter and take your own photos and videos to share with friends.
- Donate money to the shelter to help cover spay and neuter costs for people that want to adopt a pet but they cannot afford all of the upfront costs.
The Animal Care and Adoption Center is located at 203 Harrison St., Texarkana, Ark., 71854 and is open Monday through Friday from 11AM and 5PM and Saturdays from 11AM to 2PM. Our shelter takes in animals from many surrounding communities. Please remember to check with the shelter if you have lost a pet or if you are interested in adopting a new pet.