Texarkana Texas City Council Meets This Evening
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets for the final regularly scheduled meeting for the month of March this evening starting at 6PM at Texas City Hall.
Here is the agenda for the meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER BETTY WILLIAMS
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, April 9, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, April 23, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, May 14, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
TAMU-T Big Event: City-wide projects, to include neighborhood clean-ups, community garden, and parks department projects, will be held on Saturday, April 14th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Rosehill Annual Celebration: The 2018 celebration will be held at Tiger Stadium at Grim Park on Saturday, April 21st from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events: April 6th - 7 th Pink Ride Spring Lake Park April 14th USSSA Softball Tournament Wallace Park April 14th USSSA Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park April 14th FASA Softball Tournament Karrh Park April 14th City of Texarkana, Texas Wellness Walk 5K Spring Lake Park.
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for "Public Hearing" or have been heard at a previous "Public Hearing" are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on March 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
2. Ordinance No. 2018-021 amending the Code of Ordinances Chapter 20, Food & Food Establishments. Public Hearing: February 26, 2018 Second Briefing: March 12, 2018 Council Vote: March 26, 2018 Action Items
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2018-032 rezoning an approximate 0.85 acre tract of land in the George Brinlee HRS, A-18, located at 3320 Robin Lane. Single Family-1 to Two Family-2. Brandon Taylor and Brad Meador, under contract to purchase. Dennis Schafer, agent. Public Hearing: April 9, 2018 Second Briefing: April 23, 2018 Council Vote: May 14, 2018
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
1. Ordinance No. 2018-030 establishing a new chapter in the Code of Ordinances - Chapter 21 "Alcoholic Beverages". Public Hearing: March 12, 2018 Second Briefing: March 26, 2018 Council Vote: April 9, 2018
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES
1. Ordinance No. 2018-010 adopting the update of the Comprehensive Plan for the City of Texarkana, Texas. Public Hearing: March 12, 2018 Second Briefing: March 26, 2018 Council Vote: April 9, 2018
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
Summary of Council's Policy and Procedures Workshop by Shirley Jaster
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff
XII. CLOSED SESSION The City Council will convene into closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 552.072 - Deliberations about Real Property.
XIII. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION