Arkansas Obsessed With ‘The Waterboy’ Movie – How About Texas?
Remember the 1998 Adam Sandler movie, The Waterboy? This week America is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the highest-grossing sports comedy of all time.
To many sports fanatics, this movie has become a cult classic that starred Adam Sandler as Bobby Boucher a stuttering 31-year-old waterboy for the University of Louisiana football team the Mud Dogs. The coach of the team recognizes Boucher has a unique way of tackling during an awkward situation and because of that incident, he becomes a tackling machine for the team.
Perhaps one of the most famous lines in the movie is whenever he's talking about his mother, "My Mama says" stuttering.
Who could forget these famous iconic quotes?
- “My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.”
- “And I like Vicki, and she likes me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!”
- “Look who’s on TV, Mama, it’s the devil.”
- “Mama says that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin’ blue.”
- “Mama not a fan of restaurants or of of of me goin' to one, but but but if you like some times on a Sunday afternoon with charcoal bi biscuits and a grill.
According to Gambling.com, not only is Bobby Boucher the most recognizable lead character in football history but after crunching some numbers, data, and keyword searches over the past 5 years on where the movie is most popular, Arkansas ranked 2nd for most obsessed State for The Waterboy.
Of course, Louisiana tops the list at #1 followed by #2 Arkansas #3 Texas #4 Alabama, and #5 Mississippi.
The movie was released on November 6, 1998, in theaters nationwide. You can watch The Waterboy streaming on Hulu.
Can you imagine a movie with Bobby Boucher and Forrest Gump?
KEEP READING: Here are 50 of the most famous sports goofs