7 Things You May Have Not Known About Arkansas
I've always loved the state of Arkansas for its natural beauty, mountains, lakes, streams, rivers, forests, and an abundance of state parks.
Arkansas is really the natural state when it comes to outdoor fun and getaways, but did you know there are at least 7 facts you need to know about Arkansas?
Let's see if you are aware of these 7 fun facts about Arkansas.
1. Arkansas has the only active diamond mine in the United States.
2. It is illegal to mispronounce Arkansas while in the state. It must be pronounced “Arkansaw.”
3. Elevations in Arkansas range from 54 feet above sea level in the far southeast corner to 2,753 feet above at Mount Magazine, the state’s highest point.
4. It is illegal for dogs to bark after 6PM in Fayetteville.
5. Arkansas contains over 600,000 acres of lakes and 9,700 miles of streams and rivers.
6. Arkansas contains seven national park sites, over 2.9 million acres of national forests, seven national scenic byways, three state scenic byways, and 52 state parks.
7. It is illegal to keep an alligator in your bathtub in Arkansas.
As many of you start to venture outdoors more and more, Arkansas is a great vacation destination or just a day away from a busy lifestyle.