Why Christmas was Better in the Past than Today
Everybody is nostalgic about the way Christmas was celebrated when they grew up. There’s so much happiness in those memories, it’s hard to imagine anything being better.
Well, for people who were kids in the 1970s and 1980s, Christmas was different – and it was awesome.
Here are some reasons why Christmas back in the “good old days” was better than it is today:
- Mall Santas had bad fake beards.
- Giant, unruly trees took over the living room.
- The TV Christmas specials were an event. No DVR. You had to be there.
- Homemade goodies in the classroom. No worries about allergies or vegan kids.
- Toy stores. There was no Amazon. You actually had to visit a store. The closest you got to browsing for gifts on the Internet was flipping through the Sears Wish Book.
- Footie pajamas.
- Epic presents like Stretch Armstrong and the Green Machine Big Wheel. (Huffington Post)