What Is The Oldest Restaurant In Texarkana?
Anyone who is a longtime resident of Texarkana has the answer to this question, it was Bryce's Cafeteria, but unfortunately they are now closed. After some research I found out the 5 oldest restaurants in Texarkana. If you know of any we need to add to the list let us know.
1. Golden Lady 1988. One of the best Soul Food restaurants anywhere and the banana pudding is to literally die for. No trip is complete without a little desert.
2. Fat Jack's 1985. This 'dive bar' has some pretty great food and live music to boot. They serve lunch and dinner.
3. Park Place 1979 Is one of Texarkana Arkansas's gems. It has great atmosphere and a wide selection for fine dining. It is only open in the evenings.
4. Cattleman's' Steak House 1968 This restaurant has been in business since Stateline Ave. was a two lane dirt road. The Prime rib is the best in town.
5. Shorty's 1957 This is Texarkana's oldest place serving breakfast and lunch since thee 50's.
Did we forget one? Let us know in the comments.