Top 10 Worst Fears of People
Some people are afraid of spiders, snakes or even public speaking. Here is the Top 10 worst fears of people according to Discovery Health including the breakdown by gender:
1. Snakes: 25 percent overall, 13 percent of men, 35 percent of women.
2. Buried alive: 22 percent overall, 20 percent of men, 25 percent of women.
3. Heights: 17 percent overall, 14 percent of men, 19 percent of women.
4. Being bound or tied: 15 percent overall, 2 percent of men, 27 percent of women.
5. Drowning: 14 percent overall, 11 percent of men, 17 percent of women.
6. Public speaking: 13 percent overall, 9 percent of men, 17 percent of women.
7. Hell: 12 percent overall, 7 percent of men, 15 percent of women.
8. Cancer: 11 percent overall, 8 percent of men, 13 percent of women.
9. Tornadoes and hurricanes: 10 percent overall, 5 percent of men, 16 percent of women.
10. Fire: 10 percent overall, 4 percent of men, 15 percent of women.
We opened the phone lines this morning and found a few to add to this list: Sharks and falling bridges. I hate tornadoes and usually have nightmares about them. I’m also afraid of knives for some reason.
What is your worst fear?