The Best Snacks to Eat at Your Desk
There are good office snacks and there are bad office snacks. Here are some of the best snacks to eat at your desk because they're easy, cheap and good for you, too.
I am the queen of snacking at my desk. Burnt popcorn is not on the list. You can just about clear an office out with stinky stuff like that. We won't delve into that type of list, but rather some of the better for you food choices.
Before you tear into a bag of chips when you need a snack today, see if anything on this list appeals to you. These are the 10 easiest things to snack on at your desk, that are also cheap and healthy.
- Almonds. They fill you up because they have more fiber than other nuts.
- Low-fat popcorn.
- Fresh fruit or dried fruit.
- Dry cereal. Just make sure it's somewhat healthy. Don't scarf down a box of Lucky Charms.
- Protein bars. Look for one that's under 200 calories, and has fruit and nuts in it.
- Pretzels. Just don't eat too many.
- A frozen banana. Which is good for summer.
- String cheese or cottage cheese. The protein keeps your blood sugar stable so you don't get tired.
- Vegetables and hummus. The chickpeas in the hummus have a lot of fiber, protein, calcium, and iron.
- Apples with peanut butter. Just don't overdo it with the peanut butter. If you want to be extra healthy go with almond butter instead.
I like almonds and actually keep some at my desk usually. Apples, yep, I'm down with that. I even have some "good for you" dry cereal. I think I will rob my stepson's string cheese stash if that can help me stay awake.
[Source: Business Insider]