Share Sweet Sabrina — Our Featured Pet of the Week
Sabrina is a young, very laid back dog. She enjoys affection and gets along great with other dogs. Please share her information so she has a better chance of being adopted.
Sabrina is very calm. While walking back into the noisy shelter, she just laid down and waited for me to open her gate. She loves attention but she isn't constantly in your face begging. She did not have interest in fetching. She needs some leash work. She would make a great family pet.
Our animal shelter is a "kill shelter" which means dogs and cats are euthanized when available space becomes an issue. Some weeks there are more animals put down than other weeks. Most city ran shelters are open admission facilities which means they take everything and cannot turn down animals. It is up to the community to help our local shelter and there are several ways to help:
- Please spay and neuter your pets.
- Volunteer to help educate citizens about the need to fix their animals.
- Share this post on your Facebook page and Tweet about it, too.
- Go to the shelter and take your own photos and videos to share with friends.
- Donate money to the shelter to help cover spay and neuter costs for people that want to adopt a pet but they cannot afford all of the upfront costs.
The Animal Care and Adoption Center is located at 203 Harrison St., Texarkana, Ark., 71854 and is open Monday through Friday from 11AM and 5PM and Saturdays from 11AM to 2PM. Our shelter takes in animals from many surrounding communities. Please remember to check with the shelter if you have lost a pet or if you are interested in adopting a new pet.