Provide a Pet a Pad: Pastel a Blue-eyed Boxer Mix [VIDEOS]
Pastel is a Boxer mix female approximately 1 year old. Very sweet and super friendly. She is a resident of the local animal shelter and needs a new home.
Texarkana Animal Care and Adoption Center, 203 Harrison, Texarkana, Arkansas. Monday – Saturday, 10AM to 5PM.
Happy, high-spirited, playful, curious and energetic are the characteristics of a Boxer and seem to fit Pastel quite well. Boxers are highly intelligent, eager and quick to learn. Loyal and affectionate, Boxers are known for the way the get along well with children. Boxers live 11 to 14 years on average which makes Pastel the perfect age to join your family.
Black and white is not a common boxer color. Pastel is very unique because she has blue eyes. She was picked up as a stray last month but sadly no one came to find her. Boxers make great family pets and can be awesome protectors too.
Pastel will be in the Power studio until 10AM today then she’ll be headed back to the shelter. You can visit with Pastel at the shelter from 10AM to 5PM, Monday through Saturday. The shelter’s phone number is 870-773-6388 although visiting in person is preferred.
Pastel likes to play and is a quick learner too! Check out her videos below. Be sure to scroll down for more information about the animals at the shelter.
Pastel takes treats very easily. She even helped me break it in half!
Every Tuesday we have a dog from the local animal shelter visit us in the studio in hopes of finding it a new home. It is always a dog because Wes and Mimi are allergic to cats.
Our local shelter currently has 122 dogs, 1 puppy, 36 cats and 12 kittens available for adoption. There are many more located in the holding areas that are either waiting for their owners to reclaim them or hoping for a spot on the adoption floor to open. Last week there were only 13 adoptions. Seventy animals were euthanized at the shelter last week. Adoption fees are $40 for dogs and $20 for cats. All shelter animals must be spayed or neutered after they are adopted, if not before. To see more of the adoptable animals visit the shelter at 203 Harrison in Texarkana, Arkansas or check out their website at AnimalCareAdoptionCenter.org.
Did you know that one unspayed dog and her offspring, can reproduce over 65,000 dogs in just six years. Other facts you probably do not know (from petrescue.com):
- Every day 70,000 puppies and kittens are born in this country while only 10,000 people are born. It’s simple math – there just aren’t enough homes for all of these animals.
- Every year 10-12 million animals are euthanized in shelters.
- On average, 64% of all animals taken into shelters nationwide have to be euthanized for lack of available homes.
- At least 50% of the overpopulation problem is non-neutered males. Females can’t do it alone.
- Purebreds account for 30% of all the animals in shelters. “Papers” don’t mean an animal should be bred.
- For every home you find for an animal that you have bred, a home is lost for a shelter animal.
- Breeding to see the miracle of birth demands that you also see the tragic results: Visit a shelter.
- Animal overpopulation has reached a crisis point in this country.
- You personally can make a difference by spaying or neutering your pet. It is the single most important thing you can do to prevent animal cruelty!
Please spay and neuter your animals–you will help save many lives. I did not fully understand how important spaying and neutering is until I visited our local shelter. You should do the same. Be sure to say ‘Hi’ to Pastel when you are there!