How to Observe Memorial Day
Many of us will enjoy time with our families and cook some sort of meat on the grill, but that isn’t what Monday is all about. Here are ways to show your respect on Memorial Day.
This info comes from the US Memorial Day website:
- By visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
- By visiting memorials.
- By flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.
- By flying the ‘POW/MIA Flag’ as well (Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act).
- By participating in a “National Moment of Remembrance”: at 3pm to pause and think upon the true meaning of the day, and for Taps to be played.
- By renewing a pledge to aid the widows, widowers, and orphans of our fallen dead, and to aid the disabled veterans.