Help a Homeless Family in Texarkana [PHOTOS]
This family of seven had been living in a tent! Can you imagine spending the hottest months of the year with no air conditioning or running water?
Ashley Cooper is a one-woman army when it comes to getting things done. She saw that Heritage Church was trying to raise $1000 to get this family in a home before school started. That goal was met with her help! But then it was realized that this family was going to need so much more to make ends meet with four children.
The father works at Little Caesars and is willing to work if anyone has any odd jobs available. The mom is unable to work due to a heart disability. Their home and car were repossessed after getting too far behind on their bills. They have done their stay for the maximum amount of time at the shelter.
Raising $1000.00 was an awesome goal to reach but the need is much larger than we imagined. They have secured housing for this family and are working on getting utilities turned on. Many people are asking what do they need–they need everything.
- Timily is a 9 year old girl. She needs shirts and pants size 10/12 (medium or large), medium underwear and size 6 shoes.
- Koltn is a 10 year old boy. He needs shirts and pants size 10/12, medium underwear and size 5 1/2 shoes.
- Kody is an 8 year old boy. He needs shirts and pants size 7/8, small underwear and size 4 shoes.
- Violet is the youngest girl and she needs everything in size 2T.
- The wife needs tops (large), pants in size 8 and size 9 shoes.
- The husband needs shirts (XL), 36×30 pants and shorts and size 12 shoes.
- The family friend needs tops (XL), pants women size 12/14 and size 6 1/2 shoes.
They need to raise additional funds to go towards deposits, bills, food, clothes and everything it takes to set up a new household. They are in need of all household items. You can donate here or you can mail a check to:
Heritage Church, c/o Four Babies, 5801 N. Kings Hwy, Texarkana, TX 75503
You can also help out via Go Fund Me. You can follow details of this story on Ashley’s Facebook page. She will keep you updated as to where the money donated goes.