Healthcare Express is Here For You During The Holidays [SPONSORED]
I had the opportunity to have Suki from Healthcare Express in the studio recently and we had a chance to talk about the holidays and the little things that might happen along the way. We don’t always want to talk about it but accidents do happen. And the good folks at Healthcare Express are there when you need them.
Kids have a lot of fun around the holidays, but it's also a time when they find new and interesting ways to injure themselves. So here are five things to look out for if you have small children.
- Ornaments. Anything small and shiny is like a magnet for little kids. So if you'll have small children running around your house this Christmas, don't put any glass ornaments near the bottom of the tree or don't have anything near them that might be a choking hazard.
- Candles. Make sure they're high enough, or far enough away from the edge of the table so kids can't reach them. And the same goes for anything else that might burn them, like a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
- Christmas lights and garlands. They can get wrapped around their neck if you're not paying attention. So again, make sure they're out of reach.
- The Christmas tree itself. It has to be sturdy enough, so it won't fall over if a kid starts yanking on the branches.
- Fireplaces. A lot of kids burn their hands during the holidays. But it's not because they put their hand in the actual fire. It's because they touch the metal screen you put in front of it to block the sparks.
You can visit Healthcare Express urgent care clinics for non-life threatening injuries and illnesses. Their experienced, board-certified medical experts provide reliable, cost-effective alternatives to the emergency room.
Healthcare Express has three locations in Texarkana and in Atlanta -- all close and convenient to you. They even offer express online check-ins that eliminates the wait. You can pre register and they will let you know what time to come in and avoid the wait.