5 Things You Need To Know About Mardi Gras In Texarkana
Mardi Gras on Front Street Plaza will take place on March 2 and here are 5 things you need to know before the big day.
1. Bayou Boogie is the theme for this year. Come celebrate all of the great musical histories that Texarkana has to offer. See great floats and cars all in their musical decorations.
2. What time does the parade start? Doors open at 10 am. The Krewe of Barkus, Meoux and Little Rascals parade will have pets and kids of all ages to enter and can include decorating wagons, bikes, strollers, tricycles, and wheelchairs.
1 pm - Zany Cajun Parade: golf carts, side by sides, ATV's
3 pm - Krewe of Koinonia Parade: Mardi Gras floats, antique and classic vehicles
3. Kid friendly the focus of this event from the first year is to be kid-friendly, unlike the Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans this celebration is great fun for everyone.
4. There will be beads. Of course, there will be beads thrown from the various floats and even cars and Jeeps. Be careful to not dart out in the road, let them throw them to you.
5. Beast Feast: cooking competition fundraiser event by Harvest Regional Food Bank. Beast Feast at Mardi Gras will feature competitors cooking venison, wild game, quail, duck, alligator, rabbit etc. that they have personally caught
For more information on Mardi Gras 2019 go here.